- 12 Oct
Pass variables into Mobi Print with a URL, and print to a selected format.
There are several ways to transmit data to and from Mobi Print. The most common is a URL.
REQUIRED to construct URL
URL always starts with:
Followed by Variables (no limit to amount of variables just separate them with a “&”
Complete example of a URL would look like:
Once you have made the URL, you need to make a label format.:
Designing Label Formats:
- Download Zebra Setup Utilities and install printer driver. (This is likely the CD that comes with printer or visit http://www.zebra.com/us/en/products-services/software/zebralink/zebra-setup-utility.html to download)
- Next install Zebra Designer from http://www.zebra.com/us/en/products-services/software/link-os/zebradesigner-pro.html#mainpartabscontainer_71ac=downloads
- Design the receipt/label for the static information that will never change. Put dynamic text as placeholders like this:
- Put static text as you please on the label format.
- Click print, and verify the label prints correctly on your printer. If all is well, proceed…(note it will say _var_1_ but this will be replaced in the app once the URL is received.
- Click Print again, and then on print dialog screen, select print to file. Save the file to desktop, it should be a .prn file (you can open a PRN file with Notepad to verify the information).
- Open .prn in a text editor. This is your RAW cpcl code.
Email the .prn file to email@example.com and it will be hosted in your custom folder in your app.
About the Author