- 16 Sep
Help, its feeding too much paper before the print, how do I fix this?[blockquote] Help, its feeding too much paper before the print, how do I fix this?[/blockquote]
This issue usually occurs when printing with an imz220/imz320 receipt printer. To change this, Under app settings in Mobi Print change the feed length to a value from this formula. Remember your printer must be in ZPL mode and it must be sent to the printer before running this command.
Formula to find label length value:
Label length in inches x 152.4 (dots/inch) = y
So if you want it to feed 2 inches before print, set value for 304.
! U1 setvar "zpl.label_length" "304"
If you are running an older build of Mobi Print, you can accomplish this two other ways outside of Mobi Print.
Option 1: (windows)
Zebra Setup Utilities – Download Zebra Designer
1. Install ZSU
2. Hook printer up USB to computer
3. Open ZSU and click on printer in top area
4. Open Printer Tools
5. The printer should just blink a couple times and thats it. You can verify it took the settings 2 ways. First, try another print. If its resolved the printer will save the settings and you will not have to change again. If it did not save, the printer is not in ZPL mode or it is not communicating through ZSU.
Option 2: (MAC)
Zebra Setup Utilities (MAC)
1. Download Zebra Utilities for MAC from Appstore
2. Hook Zebra printer up USB to MAC. Install printer as CUPS printer.
3. Go to https://localhost:631
4. Add printer
5. You will probably have to type in Administrator username and password.
6. Install printer as Zebra ZPL CUPS driver
7. Once installed, open ZebrasetupUtil and do a file import with that command.
About the Author